Baby Thor

Baby Thor

Training Thor

In January 2010, Thor, a 5-month-old weimaraner, came crashing into my life.



Here, I will outline the steps taken to train him to be a well-mannered dog,

to do agility, and to perform some service dog tasks.



At five months, he is pretty wild.











Sunday, March 28, 2010

Creative Athlete

The back door of my house leads onto a small deck.  Three steps descend into the fenced yard.  A 180 from the top of the steps brings you across the deck to a handicapped ramp, an alternate route to the yard.  Sometimes I sit on the steps to read while the dogs play.  Thor likes to race up the ramp and turn to run by me leaping over the steps and onto the grass.  Two days ago, he added a variation.

I was sitting on the deck and leaning over to scrape the steps in preparation for spring re-staining.  My back must have been fairly flat.  Instead of coming up the ramp, Thor approached the steps at a run, leaping onto my back and continuing around to descend the ramp.  When I got over my surprise, I thought it was funny as all get out.  This pup sure keeps me in stitches!

1 comment: