Baby Thor

Baby Thor

Training Thor

In January 2010, Thor, a 5-month-old weimaraner, came crashing into my life.



Here, I will outline the steps taken to train him to be a well-mannered dog,

to do agility, and to perform some service dog tasks.



At five months, he is pretty wild.











Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dinner Date

When I have gone out, Thor is, naturally, very excited to see me on my return home.  Tonight, I had a dinner date and was out of the house for over three hours.  Letting Thor out of his crate, we went to the back door.  I ignored him, my back turned, waiting for him to sit.  He did.  I praised and he got up.  Turned my back and waited.  He sat again.  I told him to stay while I opened the door.  Then I released him to go outside. 

He must have needed to pee pretty badly because he squatted right away.  I praised and patted while he was peeing.  He finished suddenly and popped straight upwards slamming into my nose.  It brought tears to my eyes, my initialy thought was that he's broken my nose.  Well, it's not broken.  But it sure did hurt. 

And he wasn't even finished peeing.  He squatted again.  Damn dog.  Too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment