Baby Thor

Baby Thor

Training Thor

In January 2010, Thor, a 5-month-old weimaraner, came crashing into my life.



Here, I will outline the steps taken to train him to be a well-mannered dog,

to do agility, and to perform some service dog tasks.



At five months, he is pretty wild.











Monday, January 25, 2010

He's Here!

Pouring rain today!  But at least it's warm.  I played with Thor in his backyard for about 20 minutes before loading him into the crate in my car.  He whined most of the ride (only about 5 min) and wouldn't take food.  That is a good thing to learn about him...he doesn't eat when he's feeling stressed.

Within the first three hours here, I had him outdoors 5 times.  He peed once.  I fed supper just a bit ago and hope he'll poop the next time out.  He's not happy about being crated; I'm ignoring his complaints.  But he is having fun exploring the yard.  Glitter is happy because she stole his Kong!  In general, I think her nose is a little out of joint.  Vada doesn't seem to notice.  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment